Friday, September 23, 2016

Moments of rarity are moments of clarity



There are times in life when you just feel like your mind is floating and you are just floating along with it. Go with the flow as they say. But then you realize that time is wasting away while you just sit there trying to figure things out.

Time waits for no one. In a moment of clarity, I was reminded of this this morning. I was sitting contemplating on my next review schedule and how to cram all of the things I still have to do when I had the urge to turn around and look at the window. That was when I was gifted with this rare moment.

Do you see the little bird in the photo just by the corner of the window? That was a common bird found in our area. But its species do not normally rest on window ledges of a house. In fact they do not normally go anywhere near windows. So this was a rare and nice surprise. And I realized I was gifted with this special moment and I had to grab it. Slowly I crept up and took a photo of it. I could only get so close to it so I had to zoom in the camera on my phone to get a clear shot.

When I got the shot, the realization hit me. The time to strike is never a moment you wait for later. When you are gifted the opportunity, grab it and make the most of it. You never know when, or if at all, it will come again.

At the very moment this came to mind, another bird rested on the ledge. As I tried to get a photograph with the both of them in it, they sensed my presence and flew away. Greed and excess is never gifted. Sometimes all you need to do is appreciate what you are given and not take too much.

My mind automatically regreted attempting to take the second photograph since it was not necessary at all. At least that was what felt right. And if it feels right, then it must be right.

Every moment is special even in the most mundane of circumstances. Treasure these and the small moments as gifts. Do not take them forgranted, and do not take them to excess.


-Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment