Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Dear 30 year-old me



Do you own a car already? I hope so. That was one of the goals I had for you when I was 15 years old. By now you should have already saved up enough.

Expectations and more expectations seem to be coming my way. Expectations others have of me, and expectations I have of myself. "Being adult" was a goal I made for myself at 24 years old. By now I hope that it has established itself in my subconscious that it is already a habit. Among the virtues behind this goal is knowing how to manage expectations. In my case, it is learning how to deal with pressure and my anxiety. By now I am idealistic and realistic that I have overcome this. Hopefully.

Nevertheless, I also hope that by now I have settled my financial life. At the very least I hope my savings account is stable; my investments account is progressing exponentially; and my life insurance is set. At the very least I also hope to have enough savings to invest in my dream house. Career-wise, I hope that we are doing well.

I always used to remind myself that focus is key and that determination is the gas that will take you there. For someone who does not know or think much about cars I sure am writing a lot about them here.

As for my personal life, well at the very least I hope to have more true friends than before. It seems odd even for me not to have made at least three to five new friends over the years. I know I am socially awkward, but not that awkward.

Why am I writing these down? Well I hope I remember them. At most I hope I can surpass them and beyond by this age.

Oddly enough, I just realized there is nothing here about my family. By this time I hope that we have maintained our bond.

Well, that's all for now. If you ever come across this entry at a leter age, at the very least I hope this reminds you of its purpose. ;)

Set high, aim high!


Truly yours,
- Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment