Thursday, June 13, 2013

Art Filed: To my Inang Bayan :)

A belated happy Independence Day to my beloved Philippines! 

In relation to my recent theme of feminism in history, I would like to honor the women in Philippine history. In every single account we always hear of the glorious battles that the men have won. Seldom however do we ever hear of the women who have made their significant contribution to our motherland's freedom. 

I do not want to criticize on my country's history of freedom, but I'd just like to point out that I think one of the most genuine outcomes from our independence came from the helms of women. So to honor the invisible women in Philippine independence, I created this picture depicting the three women who sew the Philippine flag as it is today.

May our sovereignty and independence prosper more.

(C) 

Behind the flag


Illustration by Dani Eseque



Dani
June 13, 2013- 6:12PM
Use your freedom wisely
For lives were lost
So you may gain yours


No comments:

Post a Comment