Thursday, May 16, 2013

Art Filed : Stationery for a Living

Design and art have always been a passion of mine and it tugs on my heart whenever I see innovative creations or pieces utilizing art. I think this is mainly because I miss art, and truly I think it is also because I am proud to see how art has evolved from simply being a piece of painting hung on the wall. 

On a similar scale, these ladies from different sides of the world have managed to incorporate their talents into useful pieces for the busy lady: stationeries! :D Regardless of your lifestyle I'm certain you will find their creations useful and fanciful from the simplicity and elegance of the materials. At one point you might not even want to use them because you'll run out of stylish paper :P

What makes them so special you ask? Well, the papers are clean and white so they're simple and easy on the eyes, but that's not the art. The art is the customized hand-painted designs on each piece. The designs are created using watercolor and are printed on these papers for mass-production. 

First up is our local designer Ms. Rina Albert-Llamas for Rinadesigns. I came across her stalls in the Mall of Asia and immediately noticed the distinctive style. I wanted to purchase her designs if not for the fact that I had no cash on hand with me :(. Still, that did not bar me from looking into her designs. Each stationery set has a distinct incorporation of lifestyle choice and Filipino culture in it. They're quirky and fun to look at actually :). But the fun doesn't stop there, they actually print these designs on materials other than paper! So, if you want her illustrations on a shirt, a mug, a bag, or maybe even wallpaper, just ask! :D

Here are a few samples of her works.







Photographs taken from rinadesign faacebook page

Cute right! :)


Next up we have Ms. Inslee Haynes for Inslee designs (Inslee). She is a fashion artist from the US and has been creating watercolor sketches since she was  I think in high school. I came across her blog a few years back as I was reading Ms. Emily Giffin's book Something Blue, and I immediately fell in love with her sketches! Actually, I envied her talent:p. She could conjure up a delightful sketch within a few minutes and use watercolor as a medium for bringing life into her illustrations. Much like Rinadesign, she also has her own line of stationeries and customized pieces. The only difference is her products are made by customization requests. You may contact her and ask her to create certain images for your invite, your event, or even for your website! Cool, I know! This just goes to show that art is not limited to paper and canvass.

I'm excited to see what sketch she has everyday on her blog and website. She paints and sketches sceneries from her everyday encounters. I admire her for this because it takes an incredible artist to translate into paper your perspective of what is in front of you but to hold back a bit and still have your creation retain the real picture. 

Below are some sample work of hers:)












Illustrations taken from Inslee design website
As you can see, her sketches vary from portraits, to landscapes and to interior design.



Visit their pages below and check out more of their designs! 
If you also gained interest in their art, you may check out their website for more details on how to get customized work:)

RINADESIGN

INSLEE



Enjoy browsing! I know I did :D





Dani
May 16, 2013- 3:26 PM
Do not be limited by others' delight
Shine through what you desire

No comments:

Post a Comment